If you'd like to be considered for future faculty and staff opportunities not posted, email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Scattergood Friends School is committed as an institution to the ideal of diversity with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, economics, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical ability and veteran status in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Scattergood Friends School seeks a Business Manager.
Scattergood is an independent, progressive and college preparatory boarding high school with students from across the US and around the world. Please visit www.scattergood.org for more information.
Comprehensive benefits include salary, medical insurance and meals from our organic farm while school is in session. Please direct resumes to our Main Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Scattergood Friends School does not discriminate in hiring, promotion, or termination of employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or because of national or ethnic origin.
- Work with the Head of School in preparing and presenting an annual budget.
- Oversee and reconcile activities of the Assistant to the Business Office, including payables, tuition and fee billing, and collections.
- Use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures to keep an accurate, continuous record of the cash and financial position of the organization. Prepare monthly financial reports for the Head of School and the School Committee.
- Provide a monthly departmental report of expenditures for each of the departmental supervisors.
- Ensure proper payment of federal, state, and local taxes.
- Keep relevant personnel records.
- Provide for the securing of an annual external audit or review of the organization’s financial records and financial positions. Work with the auditing organization to provide them with the information and access they need to conduct their audit.
- Oversee purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll, and benefits programs.
- Work closely with Development Office to provide quarterly reconciliations of gifts, in-kind donations, pledges, and bequests.
- Oversee the proper administration of grants.
- Integral member in the administrative team meetings.
- Assist the Head of School in determining and maintaining appropriate levels and types of insurance for the organization.
- Ensure the effective management and operation of the organization’s minor auxiliary enterprises (<$5000 annual income).
- Represent the organization at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of being the business manager.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff and clients.
- Work closely with Head of School in review of financial aid applications and granting of financial aid awards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Prior experience working as a fiscal manager; experience with current software and hardware technology associated with accounting/bookkeeping systems. Quicken, MS Excel/Word, Google Docs.
- Minimum: A degree in Accounting, Business, or closely related field.
Email your cover letter, resume, and three references (with contact info) to email@example.com Include Business Manager Opening in the subject line of your email.