Scattergood students come from the Iowa City area, all over the United States, and around the world.
Are you a future Scattergoodian?
You're independent. You love to learn and experience new things. You are a self-motivated. You love the idea of living and working in a cooperative community. You have big dreams for yourself and your planet.
Sound like you? You definitely need to check out Scattergood.
- Grades 9-12
- Day (commuter/local students)
- 5-day boarding (local/regional students)
- 7-day boarding (local, U.S., and international students)
- Fall (August) or spring (January) semester start
Have admissions questions? Want to schedule a tour or phone appointment? Just have questions? Call (319) 643-7628 or
Visit at any time before or during the application process; no need to wait for an open house. Contact Admissions and let us know what days you have in mind. We'll set up a tour or shadow day customized to your schedule and interests.
TIP: If you're coming from afar and are only able to visit once, complete your application in advance of your visit and we'll combine it with an admissions interview on the same day, or over the course of two days. Scattergood has basic guest rooms on campus available at no cost to admissions visitors.
ALL PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS:
- Apply any time. We offer enrollment to students at the beginning of each semester.
- Complete the Online Application, which includes online teacher recommendations)
- Ask your school to send us your transcripts (Here's the transcript release form)
- Pay your application fee here. We'll waive the fee if you apply by October 31.
- Apply for sliding scale tuition if you need it. Thanks to generous donors, most of our families who apply for sliding scale tuition receive significant tuition assistance.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Submit all of the above items, plus...
- Upload the ID page of your passport to your online application.
- Send us your English proficiency test score, if you have one. It's NOT required. We'll evaluate your English through an interview and an essay, both conducted by Skype.
After we receive ALL of your application items, your file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and you may be invited to interview. Remember: you're interviewing us, too! Bring a list of questions that will help you know Scattergood is the right place for you.
If an on-campus interview is not possible, other arrangements can be made, but all students are strongly encouraged to visit campus. For those unable to make it to campus, especially in the case of international students, a Skype interview is possible.
When you're invited to become an official Scattergoodian, you'll receive your acceptance letter, tuition contract, and financial aid award by email. Call your grandma, update your Instagram, and thank your lucky stars.
In June, your parents will be emailed links to your online enrollment packet.